1. Leni Zumas. Red Clocks. 2018- four women’s lives changed when abortions made illegal
2. Joyce Carol Oates’s Hazards of Time Travel . 2018.-The novel opens in a future autocratic America, where students are taught that men have higher I.Q.s than women, and centers on a young woman who is arrested for treason after she raises questions about the regime in school. As punishment, she gets teleported back to 1959 Wisconsin to be “re-educated” and rendered more docile.
3. Idra Novey. Those Who Knew. Heroine on island hears that rising politician she had an affair with and was beaten by when she was a student was involved with a woman who turned up dead. 2018. She teaches at Princeton.
4.. Binah Shah. Before She Sleeps. 2018. In an Asian country cancer destroys women’s ability to get pregnant so men have government where women are forced to have multiple husbands to get pregnant all the time, but a few brave women form a resistance movement.
5.. Christina Dalcher’s recent debut novel, “Vox,” 2018- all females have to wear bracelets that shock them if they speak over 100 words. The heroine is afraid her six-year-old daughter will never learn how to speak so fights back
6 Ling Ma. Severance.2018. Drone in NY corporation tries to survived great plague in NY and horrible workplace.
7 Alyson Hagy. Scribe. Graywolf. 2018. In the future disease-ravaged, war-ravaged Appalachia the femalle Scribe, the only one who writes, writes letters for others.
8 Rachel Heng- Suicide Club. New York 300 years in the future. 2018.
9 Thea Lin. 2018. An Ocean of Minutes. To save her ill boyfriend,, Polly agrees to voyage into the future to rebuild the U.S. but when she awakens five years later, she can’t find her boyfriend.
10. Peng Shepherd. The Book of M. 2018. People caught up in catastrophe try to save loved ones.
11.Sophie Mackintosh’s unsettling debut novel “The Water Cure,” 2018. a story that feels both futuristic and like an eerily familiar fable. …What if masculinity were literally toxic
12. Helen Sedgwick. The Growing Season.2018. Babies incubated outside the body.
13. Justina Ireland. Dread Nation.2018. In Civil War dead start to walk on battlefields with a black heroine.
14. N.K. Jemisin. How Long ‘Till Black Future Month. Short stories about post-human and disaster-ridden worlds by an African-American woman who wrote award-winning science fiction novels